Dental Bonding in Elk Grove and Davis
An Economical Option for Enhancing the Beauty of Your Smile
- What Can Dental Bonding Be Used For?
- Advantages of Dental Bonding
- Complimentary Cosmetic Consultation
Dental bonding is a procedure that uses a tooth-colored resin to make minor cosmetic changes or structural repairs to your teeth. Under certain circumstances, it can provide a temporary or fast alternative to more costly and lengthy procedures.
Dr. Chantry is highly skilled in cosmetic dentistry procedures and is very experienced in the use of dental bonding. He pays close attention to detail in order to give you beautiful and lifelike results.
How Dental Bonding Works
First, the surface of your tooth is mildly roughened to provide a large surface area for the bonding materials. It is then coated with a bonding agent which helps the bonding resin adhere to the tooth.
The doctor then colors the resin to the desired shade, applies it to your tooth surface and sculpts it into the desired shape. The bonding material is hardened with a high-intensity light, after which it is further sculpted as necessary and then and finely polished.
What Can Dental Bonding Be Used For?
Dental bonding is an economical procedure that can be used:
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To fill in grooves or worn areas on your teeth
- To improve the appearance of spotted or discolored teeth
- To change the color of your teeth
- To close gaps between your teeth
- To change the shape of your teeth
- To make your teeth appear straighter
- To fill a cavity as a cosmetic alternative to silver amalgam
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed due to receding gums
Advantages of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding has certain advantages that make it a good option for minor or temporary changes:
- Bonding is a fast procedure.
- Little advance preparation is needed.
- Anesthesia is rarely necessary unless the bonding material is being used to fill a cavity.
- It can be a good temporary fix until a more permanent solution, such as veneers or crowns, can be implemented.
Dental bonding is subject to chipping and cracking, and will lose part of its shape, color and finish over time. Its general life span is only a few years before wear sets in. Veneers or crowns are the most optimum solution for cosmetic resurfacing of teeth, as they are very durable and long-lasting.
Complimentary Cosmetic Consultation
To find out if dental bonding is right for you, schedule a Complimentary Cosmetic Consultation with one of our doctors. Your visit will include:
- Consultation with the doctor
- Discuss your smile goals
- Learn about treatment options
- Digital simulation of what your smile could look like
- Get your questions answered
Call to request an appointment: Elk Grove 916‑249‑0360 • Davis 530‑601‑4201 • Yuba City 530‑491‑4448, or click here to request an appointment online.